Create correlation table and Correlogram
Allows to create a publication-ready table of correlation coefficients.
- Variables: select the variables of interest in the top left box and next click the right arrow button to move the selection to the Selected variables list.
- Filter: an optional filter.
- Method: select Pearson correlation (parametric) or Spearman rank correlation (non-parametric).
- Correlogram: select this option for a correlogram. In a correlogram the table cells are colored according to the magnitude of the correlations (see below).
- Do not show upper triangular part: option to hide the (redundant) upper-right triangular part of the table. This can result in a more elegant table.
- Show P, Show n: options to show the P-values and sample sizes in the tables.
The results window displays the correlation table.
In a correlogram the table cells are colored according to the magnitude of the correlations, ranging from dark red for positive correlations to dark blue for negative correlations. Furthermore, the variables are sorted so that patterns in the correlations can more easily be detected.
In the following example, the option 'Do not show upper triangular part' was selected.