How to export results to Microsoft Word
Save as a Word file
- Right-click on the results window title bar.
- In the pop-up menu select "Export results".
- In the Export results file selector box, for "Save as type:" select "Word document".
- Enter a file name.
- Click "Save".
This method works for all results reports as well as results displayed in dialog boxes such as in the Tests or Sample size menus.
Save to or append to Word file (docx files only)
- Click the button or press Ctrl+W.
This method works for all results reports as well as for graphs and the spreadsheet table.
The keyboard shortcut Ctrl+W also works for results displayed in dialog boxes such as in the Tests or Sample size menus.
- A dialog appears in which you can enter the name of the Word document.
- Click the Browse button to call the common file selector dialog.
- You can save the report or graph to a new word document or append it to an existing document.
- Use the option "Include a heading with file name, date and time" to insert a separator/header above the report or graph with the name of the datafile, and the current date and time.
This feature requires Microsoft .NET 4 framework, which is already available on most Windows PCs, or can be downloaded freely from the Microsoft website.
Copy-Paste to Microsoft Word
- Open your document in Microsoft Word.
- Activate the MedCalc results window.
- Select "Select all" in the Edit menu, or press Ctrl+A.
- Select "Copy" in the Edit menu, or press Ctrl+C.
- Activate Microsoft Word and place the cursor where you want to insert the table.
- Select "Paste" in Word's Edit menu, or press Ctrl+V.