The Paste command is used to paste the contents of the clipboard onto the active window.
The clipboard is a temporary area in memory for data that you cut or copy. From the clipboard, you can paste the cut or copied data to another location or into another document.
If the Cut-Copy-Paste commands are used to move of copy a range of spreadsheet cells, then choosing this command pastes the contents of copied or cut cells into the area indicated by the cell pointer where the cell pointer is the upper-left corner of the paste area.
The Paste command can also be used to transfer data from Excel or other programs to MedCalc.
- activate Excel and open your Excel data file
- in Excel, select the range of cells you want to transfer
- click the Copy command (still in Excel)
- next activate MedCalc
- open the MedCalc spreadsheet window
- position the cell pointer on the target location
- finally, click Paste on the Edit menu