MedCalc for Windows description
- Integrated spreadsheet with 16384 columns and up to 100000 rows.
- Correct handling of missing data.
- Outliers can easily be excluded.
- Built-in WYSIWYG text editor.
- Imports Excel, Excel 2007, SPSS, DBase and Lotus files, and files in SYLK, DIF or plain text format.
- Easy selection of subgroups for statistical analysis.
ROC curve analysis
- Area under the curve (AUC) with standard error, 95% confidence interval, P-value. Offers choice between methodology of DeLong et al. (1988) and Hanley & McNeil (1982, 1983).
- List of sensitivity, specificity, likelihood ratios, and positive and negative predictive values for all possible threshold values.
- ROC curve graph with 95% Confidence Bounds.
- Threshold values can be selected in an interactive dot diagram with automatic calculation of corresponding sensitivity and specificity.
- Plot of sensitivity and specificity, or cost, versus criterion values.
- Interval likelihood ratios.
- Comparison of up to 6 ROC curves: difference between the areas under the ROC curves, with standard error, 95% confidence interval and P-value.
- Sample size calculation for area under ROC curve and comparison of ROC curves.
- Go to the ROC curve analysis section of the MedCalc manual for more information on ROC curve analysis in MedCalc.
- PC with Windows XP (with Service Pack 3), Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10; or Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 (all 32-bit and 64-bit versions supported).
- On Windows versions prior to Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012, support for Excel *.xlsx files additionally requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (a free download from Microsoft).
- 1024 Mb of memory.
- 60 Mb free space on the hard disk.