Filter formula editor
In all MedCalc statistical dialog boxes, when the cursor (the focus) is on a Filter selector, then you can press function key F8 to call the filter formula editor.
- In the dialog box for Summary statistics, first select the continuous variable of interest, CONCENTRATION
- Move the cursor to the Filter selector (the cursor should flash in the selector)
- Press function key F8
- In the variables list, double click TREATMENT; the variable is added to the formula
- Next click the = sign; the = sign is added to the formula
- The possible values for the variable TREATMENT are listed in the values box.
- Double click the required value; "A" is added to the formula (note that text values are placed between quotation marks, numbers are not)
- Click OK to close the filter editor and return to the dialog box for Summary statistics.
- Click OK.
- The summary statistics for the variable CONCENTRATION are displayed, for those cases that were given treatment A.