MedCalc update history
Version 16.8.4 - September 27, 2016
- Fixed some problems in the display of arrows in dialog boxes when using Windows 10.
Version 16.8 - August 4, 2016
- In Plot versus criterion values (ROC curve analysis):
- Added plot against Efficiency (Greiner et al., 2000).
- Added option "Observed prevalence".
- Added Positive and Negative predictive value, and Youden index. Report of maximum or minimum of some statistics in the graph's info box.
- Added Spearman's rank correlation coefficient in the output of Passing & Bablok regression.
- Fixed a bug when recalling a Multiple variables graph where the option Notched Box-and-Whisker was ignored.
Version 16.4.3 - April 26, 2016
- Fixed a bug in Mountain plot that caused the curve for the third method not to be displayed in some circumstances.
- Fixed a bug in the axis scaling and legend of the Scatter diagram & regression line plot (when subgroups were defined).
Version 16.4 - April 11, 2016
- New: Comparison of multiple methods.
- Plot versus criterion values (ROC curve analysis): added plot of Cost and Misclassification-Cost Term (MCT, Greiner et al., 2000) against criterion values.
- Meta-analysis: both fixed effect model weights and random effect model weights are now reported.
- Meta-analysis: for marker size relative to study weight you can choose the fixed effect model weights or random effect model weights.
- Meta-analysis: the presentation of the pooled effect under the fixed effects or random models is now optional in the forest plot.
- Meta-analysis: when a diamond representation for the pooled effects is used then a different marker color for the pooled effect can be selected.
- Increased the maximum number of files in the recent file list to 20 (you can set the preferred number in the MedCalc options panel.
Version 16.2 - February 4, 2016
- Added Weight (%) in the output of the different meta-analysis procedures.
- Fixed some problems when working with a dual monitor setup.
- Changed the algorithm that enables some menu items in the Edit menu. In particular, the Del command is now enabled for items in the Contents window (Saved tests and graphs).
- Fixed a bug which caused the Cox proportional hazards procedure to fail when time was constant.
- Fixed a bug in the Test for Normal distribution in the Summary statistics tables (other items like Summary statistics, Reference interval, Outlier detection, etc. were not affected).
Version 16.1 - January 6, 2016
- Added the possibility to perform different independent samples and paired samples t-tests, Mann-Whitney tests and Wilcoxon tests in one single procedure, see Comparison of independent samples and Comparison of paired samples.
- Added the possibility to save (or append) results, graphs and spreadsheet data to Word documents (docx). Use the new button or the Ctrl+W keyboard shortcut. Ctrl+W also works in the dialogs for sample size calculation and the dialogs in the Tests menu. This feature requires Microsoft .NET 4 framework, which is already available on most Windows PCs, or can be downloaded freely from the Microsoft website.
- Added importing and saving as OpenOffice or LibreOffice's Calc spreadsheet files (*.ods). Current version reads/writes data only and ignores formatting.
- Added "Save as web page (*.html)" for spreadsheet data.
- Added 99.9% and 99.99% reference intervals.
- Added confidence intervals for indices of responsiveness.
- Change in the algorithm of the Trimmed mean and its 95% CI. See Calculation of Trimmed Mean, SE and confidence interval for computational details.
- Added new spreadsheet functions:
- TrimMean(k,range), TrimMeanSEM(k,range), TrimMeanLow(k,ci,range) and TrimMeanHigh(k,ci,range): see Trimmed mean functions
- VTrimMean(k,variable[,filter]), VTrimMeanSEM(k,variable[,filter]), VTrimMeanLow(k,ci,variable[,filter]) and VTrimMeanHigh(k,ci,variable[,filter]): see Trimmed mean functions on variables
- Median(range) Median function
- Percentile(p,range) Percentile function
- Fixed a bug that would cause a problem when importing (or pasting) spreadsheet data that contains large text blocks.
- Corrected a bug in the calculation of Box-Cox transformation when lambda=0.
- Fixed a bug in the Cox regression procedure that could cause the program to crash.
Version 15.11.4 - November 27, 2015
- Improved formatting of Box-and-whisker plots in Clustered Multiple Comparison graphs and Clustered Multiple Variables graphs.
- Improved auto-update.
Version 15.11.3 - November 23, 2015
- Fixed a bug in Repeated measures ANOVA that caused an error in the calculation of the Sum of Squares for the Factor in Test of Within-Subjects Effects. The error could (only) occur in two-factor studies with repeated measures on one factor with unbalanced design.
Version 15.11 - November 5, 2015
- Chi-squared test: the use of Yates' correction for continuity is no longer recommended. For a 2x2 table, MedCalc version 15.11 uses the "N-1" Chi-squared test as recommended by Campbell (2007) and Richardson (2011). This is also applicable in Comparison of proportions.
- For the McNemar test (comparison of paired proportions) P-values are now always based on the cumulative binomial distribution.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an error in the calculation of the mean survival time in Kaplan-Meier survival analysis.
Version 15.10 - October 22, 2015
- Added Probit regression (Dose-Response analysis).
- Improved stable algorithm for sorting spreadsheet data.
- Some minor Windows 10 compatibility fixes.
Version 15.8 - August 14, 2015
- Added a Funnel plot in meta-analysis.
- Added a Generic inverse variance method for meta-analysis.
- Improved Draw ellipse tool: press the shift key to draw a circle.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent to copy data from an Excel (xlsx) file created with MedCalc.
- Some speed improvements.
Version 15.6 - June 2, 2015
- New Format graph options:
- Side margins: this option lets you set a margin between the chart's boundary and lines for the X and Y axis.
- Allow exponential notation: when this option is selected, the program will display small or high numbers in exponential notation.
- New option in Kruskal-Wallis test: Jonckheere-Terpstra trend test.
- New spreadsheet functions:
- ANY(test,value[,value,...]) returns 1 or TRUE if the value of test matches any of the subsequent values; returns 0 or FALSE otherwise
- PROPER(str) sets the first character in each word to uppercase and the rest to lowercase
- E() returns Euler's constant 2.718281828459...
- BinomialLow(successes,trials,ival) returns the lower bound of the ival% Confidence Interval of the Binomial probability of a number of successes in a number of trials
- BinomialHigh(successes,trials,ival) returns the upper bound of the ival% Confidence Interval of the Binomial probability of a number of successes in a number of trials
- Revised spreadsheet functions:
Version 15.5 - May 26, 2015
- Additions in Logistic regression: Wald statistic, Cox & Snell R2 and Nagelkerke R2.
- Fixed a bug that prevented to paste formulas (values were pasted).
- Several other minor bug fixes, changes and improvements.
Version 15.4 - April 20, 2015
- Added a Correlogram as an option in Correlation table.
- Significant results with P<0.05 are highlighted in the reports.
- Revised Chinese (traditional) translation. Corrections to translations in different languages.
- Added a shortcut Ctrl+Shift+E to quickly switch to the English user interface (useful in case you inadvertently selected a wrong language for the user-interface and you cannot find the language settings).
- Fixed a problem with the drawing of icons on some systems.
Version 15.2.1 - February 24, 2015
- Some revisions in the user-interface.
- New multilingual interface with choice of different languages for user interface and output:
- user interface: the language that is used in menus, dialogs, and other user interface elements.
- output: the language that is used in reports and graphs.
The available languages are: English, Chinese (simplified and traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian and Spanish. To select a different language you go to Tools menu ⇾ Options where you can select your language in the Language section.
The help file and software documentation are available in English only.
- Added descriptive statistics (median, range, quartiles) in the results for the Kruskal-Wallis test.
- Added drawing of error bars, see Add graphical objects.
- Added the possibility to place the user-drawn graphical objects (text boxes, frames, connectors, etc.) in the background (right-click the object and select "Send to back" repeatedly).
- Fixed a bug that caused saved reports that used status data (like in ROC curve analysis) not to be saved correctly.
Version 14.12 - December 3, 2014
- Added options to save the contents of the dialog boxes in the Tests and Sampling menu as text files. In these dialog boxes you can:
- press function key F9; or
- right-click in the dialog box title bar and select the corresponding item in the context menu.
- Reorganized help file.
Version 14.10.2 - October 16, 2014
- Fixed a problem that could cause the program to crash when closing a statistical report.
Version 14.8.1 - August 19, 2014
- Added comparison of regression lines in results section of Regression.
- Added Homogeneity of regression slopes in results section of Analysis of covariance.
- Added the AUC (Area under the ROC curve) in the results of Diagnostic test (2x2 table).
- Corrected a problem in the calculation of BCa bootstrap confidence intervals in ROC curve analysis.
- Changed the method for calculation of Kendall's Tau correlation coefficient from percentile bootstrap to BCa bootstrap confidence intervals.
- Changed the random number generator used in bootstrapping to the Mersenne twister (implementation MT19937) (Matsumoto & Nishimura, 1998).
- Some other minor improvements and bug fixes
Version 13.3.1 - July 11, 2014
- In Histograms, when all observations equal class boundaries, the bars are drawn above the class values.
- Added a subgroups option in Cumulative frequency distribution graphs.
- Added user-control for Bootstrapping options (number of iterations, random-number seed). Bootstrapping is used for the calculation of Confidence Intervals for Kendall's tau (Rank correlation), reference intervals calculated using the robust method, and some statistics in ROC curve analysis.
- Some other minor improvements
Version 13.3 - June 21, 2014
- Added Age-related reference interval calculation
- Added Weighted regression (in Regression, Scatter diagram with regression line and Multiple regression).
- Fixed a bug in the calculation of the P-value for Shapiro-Wilk and Shapiro-Francia normal distribution tests.
- Many other minor changes and improvements.
Version 13.2.2 - May 22, 2014
- Added the Variance Inflation Factor (VIF) in the results of multiple regression.
- Fixed a bug in Clustered Multiple Variables graphs with logarithmic transformation.
- Fixed various minor bugs.
Version 13.2 - May 7, 2014
- Modified the options for disease prevalence in the ROC curve analysis dialog box.
- Added an option in the results of the Chi-squared test to display all counts as percentages of row, column and global totals.
- Added an input box for Digit grouping symbol in the MedCalc options.
- Added an option to use the digit grouping symbol for formatting numbers in graphs (see Graph schemes).
- Modified drawing of graphs when the option Outside tick marks is selected.
- Added standard deviation of groups in the output for ANOVA.
- Added an option in the context menu of scatter diagrams to draw a user-defined function. The context menu appears when you right-click in the scatter diagram.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the program to crash in Reference interval calculation
- Several other minor bug fixes
Version 13.1.2 - April 10, 2014
- Added the z (or t) statistic and P-values for the pooled effect sizes in meta-analysis.
- Several compatibility fixes.
Version 13.1.1 - April 2, 2014
- New spreadsheet functions: Probability distribution functions
- Fixed a bug in the Multiple line graph procedure that could cause the first variable not to be visible in the graph.
Version 13.1 - March 16, 2014
- Renamed the Categorical data submenu into Crosstabs.
- New: Relative risk & Odds Ratio in the Statistics menu (calculated on a 2x2 table compiled from data in the spreadsheet).
- Revised dialog boxes and presentation of results for Relative risk and Odds ratio in the Tests menu.
- Some bug fixes.
Version 13.0.2 - February 19, 2014
- Fixed a bug that caused context menu items to remain disabled after printing a graph or report.
Version 13.0.1 - February 16, 2014
- Fixed a bug in the SNK and Tukey-Kramer post hoc test in ANOVA that would result in false-positive results in some cases.
- Some minor bug fixes and user interface improvements.
Version 13 - February 1, 2014
- New: Nonlinear regression.
- Added trend line options in scatter diagrams: moving average trend line, LOESS smoothed trend line or reduced major axis line.
- Added LOESS smoothed trend line in Multiple lines graph.
- When a Moving average or LOESS smoothed trend line is included in a graph, the graph windows has a status bar that includes a trackbar with which you can control the degree of smoothing.
- New: Polar plot.
- New: Function plot.
- Added an input box for Disease prevalence in Diagnostic test evaluation.
- New spreadsheet functions:
- "Selection criterion" has been renamed to "Filter".
- Large dialogs option: option to make all dialog boxes larger and easier to read, see Options.
Version 12.7.5 - October 9, 2013
- Fixed a bug causing subgroups in scatter diagrams not always to be presented correctly.
Version 12.7.4 - September 28, 2013
- Modified the DAYNAME() and MONTHNAME() functions to take an additional language parameter.
- Different sorting procedures take into account names of days and months so these are ordered sequentially, not alphabetically.
- New REVERSE() string function.
- Added an option to show the line of equality (y=x line) in the scatter diagram (Regression submenu).
- Fixed a bug that would cause the program to hang when importing xlsx files that contained very long text values.
- Updated the algorithm for the log-rank test in survival analysis in case the number of subjects at risk drops to 1.
- The selection of a unit for angle (radians, degrees, grades) has been removed from the Options panel. Parameters of all trigonometric functions must now be in radians. To convert from degrees to radians use the new RADIANS function and to convert from radians to degrees use the new DEGREES function.
- New trigonometric spreadsheet functions:
- New statistical spreadsheet functions:
Version 12.7.2 - August 24, 2013
- Added the Shapiro-Wilk and Shapiro-Francia tests for Normality, available in Summary statistics, Outlier detection and Reference interval procedures.
- Q-Q plot option, see Normal plot.
- Improved algorithm for deciding to use logarithmic transformation and non-parametric test selection in the Serial measurements analysis when the option Automatic statistical analysis is selected.
- Fixed a bug that caused the program to use alphabetical ordered subgroups in Clustered multiple comparison graphs and Clustered multiple variables graph, and not the user defined order.
- Fixed a bug that caused the program to hang when calculating a reference interval using the robust method in some datasets.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Version 12.7 - June 16, 2013
- Added meta-analysis of Area under ROC curve
- Added mean survival time with 95 % CI and the 95% CI for the median survival time in Kaplan-Meier survival analysis.
- Changes in Cox regression:
- Added option to plot 100-Survival probability.
- Added the Wald statistic in the output.
- Several other changes and additions in the output of the Kaplan Meier and Cox regression procedures.
- Added Regression through the origin.
- Some bug fixes.
Version 12.6.1 - May 22, 2013
- Choice of different post-hoc tests in one-way ANOVA: Student-Newman-Keuls, Tukey-Kramer or Scheffé test.
- Choice of significance level for the post-hoc tests in one-way ANOVA, Kruskal-Wallis test, Friedman test, and Cochran's Q.
- Improved meta-analysis with new procedures for
- Alpha en Beta values for sample size calculations can now take any user-defined value.
- Sampling for a single mean has been reprogrammed according to Machin D, Campbell MJ, Tan SB, Tan SH (2009) Sample size tables for clinical studies. 3rd ed. Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell. Before, it was programmed according to Kirkwood BR, Sterne JAC (2003) Essential medical statistics, 2nd ed. Oxford: Blackwell Scientific.
- Fixed a bug in the calculation of Cox proportional-hazards regression with nominal categorical variables.
Version 12.5 - March 29, 2013
- Resizable dialog boxes.
- New summary measure in Serial measurements: % of time below or above a certain value.
- Revised ROC curves sample size calculations allow for unequal sample sizes in the positive and negative groups.
- New spreadsheet functions LOGIT and ALOGIT
Version 12.4 - January 1, 2013
- Added Forest plot as a separate graphing option (not linked to meta-analysis).
- Added an AutoRecover option, see Options.
- Many minor improvements and bug fixes.
Version 12.3 - June 28, 2012
- Expanded ROC curve analysis with
- calculation of a confidence interval for the Youden index and associated criterion value
- estimation of sensitivity and specificity at fixed specificity and sensitivity
- calculate optimal criterion value taking into account costs of various decisions.
- Added Partial correlation: correlation adjusted or corrected for the influence by other variables.
- Added calculation of required sample size for comparison of two survival rates (logrank test). See Survival analysis (logrank test).
- Fixed a bug that could cause the 64-bits version of the program to hang in Repeated Measures ANOVA.
Version 12.2.1 - February 26, 2012
- Reprogrammed the P-value for Kurtosis according to Sheskin 2011 (previously it was programmed according to Sheskin 2004). This results in a different P-value when Kurtosis is negative, and in this case also influences the result of the D'Agostino-Pearson test for Normality.
- Sheskin DJ (2004) Handbook of parametric and nonparametric statistical procedures. 3rd ed. Boca Raton: Chapman & Hall /CRC.
- Sheskin DJ (2011) Handbook of parametric and nonparametric statistical procedures. 5th ed. Boca Raton: Chapman & Hall /CRC.
Version 12.2 - February 19, 2012
- Added a context menu item for the Multiple ROC plot to mark the point corresponding with the highest Youden index.
- Fixed a bug that could cause datafile reading errors when it contains statistical tables with more than 60 variables.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the program to hang in the Bland-Altman plot with multiple measurements per subject.
- Fixed a bug in the calculation of the IF(condition,argtrue,argfalse) function. When condition is true, errors in the calculation of argfalse will no longer cause the IF function to fail.
Version 12.1.4 - December 18, 2011
- Fixed a problem in the Histogram graph were bars representing less than a small percentage of cases (less than 0.1%) of total cases were not always visible.
Version 12.1.1 - November 21, 2011
- Fixed a bug in Kaplan Meier survival analysis where the Chi-square test for trend was not always executed.
- Fixed a bug in saving and restoring Summary statistics and Correlation tables.
Version 12.1 - November 4, 2011
- Added an option to draw the Line of equality in a Scatter diagram.
- Some bug fixes.
Version 12 - October 1, 2011
- This update is available in different versions for 32-bits and 64-bits Windows editions.
- How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system (link to Microsoft website).
- MedCalc 12 does not work on Windows 2000 or prior versions of Windows. Windows 2000 reached the end of its lifecycle on 13 July 2010. It does no longer receive new security updates and new security-related hotfixes. Therefore it is strongly advised to switch to a newer version of Windows.
- File compatibility: this new MedCalc version can open and read MedCalc files created by any older version of the software. Files created with this new version (new files or saved files) cannot be read by older versions of the software.
- Improved support for Asian languages.
- List variables alphabetically (see Options): when this option is selected, variables are listed alphabetically in the selector boxes for variables. When this option is not selected, the variables are listed in the order they are entered in the spreadsheet. This option does not influence the order of the variables in the spreadsheet.
- Auto-complete function in selectors for variables and selection criteria (see Options).
- When you select a variable or selection criterion you can press function key F8 to call the formula editor for variables or selection criteria.
- Added the posibility to assign labels to data values. These labels are used for subgroup identification in graphs.
- Columns can be formatted specifically to contain date and time data. See Format spreadsheet (Column tab), How to enter dates.
- Changes in Passing & Bablok regression:
- Exact P-value for the cusum linearity test.
- Added option to calculate perpendicular residuals (see Passing & Bablok, 1983).
- Added an option to plot the residuals by rank order (see Passing & Bablok, 1983).
- Added Number Needed to Treat (NTT) with its 95% CI to the results of Relative risk.
- Added option to save prognostic indices in Cox proportional hazard regression.
- Added the Hosmer & Lemeshow test in Logistic regression.
- Added an option to plot a moving average in Multiple line graph.
- Save graph as a PowerPoint slide (see Export graphs).
- New ISEMPTY() function. See Logical functions.
- Change of the method for the calculation of the Standard Error (SE) of the Area Under the ROC Curve according to Hanley & McNeil (1982). Hanley & McNeil give 2 methods for the calculation of the SE, one in table II (p. 31) and one using equation 2 on page 33. The latter was used in previous versions of MedCalc.
- Added the calculation of exact binomial confidence intervals for positive and negative predictive value in the Predictive values calculator, if sample size is known.
Version 11.6.2 - July 2, 2011
- Fixed a bug in the cusum linearity check in Passing & Bablok regression and report an exact P-value instead of "P<0.05" or "P>0.05".
Version 11.6.1 - June 6, 2011
- Fixed a bug in the use of decimal symbol and list separator (regional settings).
Version 11.6 - May 11, 2011
- New: Outlier detection: offers several methods of outlier detection.
- New: Responsiveness: offers several indexes of ability to detect change.
- New: Stack columns: stacks several spreadsheet columns into a new column.
- New: Bland-Altman plot with multiple measurements per subject.
- New: Coefficient of variation from duplicate measurements.
- Improved dialog boxes in Tests menu: added the possibility to enter an optional comment and print a report.
- Improved dialog boxes for Sample size calculaton: added tables that show the required sample sizes for different Type I and Type II Error levels, and the possibility to print a report.
- Many minor bug fixes.
Version 11.5.1 - February 10, 2011
- Added the possibility to change the width of error bars and middle lines in various graphs.
- Fixed a bug in the labelling of the X-axis of Multiple line graphs.
Version 11.5 - January 16, 2011
- Several bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Fixed a problem when importing data from large text (CSV) files.
- Fixed a problem when reading large .xlsx files created by Excel 2007 or 2010.
- Fixed a problem when reading .xls files created by Excel 2010.
Version 11.4.4 - November 23, 2010
- MedCalc home page was moved from www.medcalc.be to www.medcalc.org
- Bug fix in the graph for Cox regression where, in some circumstances, the graphs for the different subgroups were mislabelled.
Version 11.4.3 - November 14, 2010
- New: Cronbach's Alpha (internal consistency of a questionnaire).
Version 11.4.2 - October 15, 2010
- Added "Dot plot" as a follow-up command in Intraclass correlation coefficient.
Version 11.4 - October 1, 2010
- New: Cochran's Q test.
- New: option in the Bland & Altman plot to plot the differences against one of the methods, if this is a reference or "gold standard" method.
- New: option to copy/paste graphs with landscape or portrait aspect ratio. See Options.
- New: vertical or horizontal layout option for Summary statistics table.
- New: Reset graph titles and options command.
- New: FINV spreadsheet function which returns the inverse of the F probability distribution.
Version 11.3.5 - August 15, 2010
- Increased the number of bootstrap replications to establish the confidence intervals for the reference interval estimated using the robust method to 5000.
Version 11.3.4 - July 5, 2010
- Added functionality to change all attributes of markers for far-out values in box-and-whisker plots, rejected values in control charts, outliers in Youden plots.
Version 11.3.3 - June 14, 2010
- Minor bug fixes (monochrome TIF files and CELL function).
- Correction of some typographical errors.
Version 11.3.2 - June 9, 2010
- New: option to mark points corresponding to criterion values in ROC graphs.
- New: option to display small P-values using Engineering Notation.
Version 11.3.1 - May 11, 2010
- Copy/paste graph drawing objects to other graphs.
Version 11.3 - May 1, 2010
- New: to add lines, frames, ellipses and connectors in graphs: right-click in the graph and select "Add line", "Add rectangle", "Add ellipse" or "Add connector". Next, click in the graph and drag the mouse to create the object. To edit the object's attributes: double-click on the object or right click on the object and select "Format object".
- New: to add text boxes in graphs: right-click in the graph and select "Add text box". Next click in the graph to place the text box.
- New: to add reference lines in a graph: right-click in the graph and select "Add horizontal reference line" or "Add vertical reference line", or click in the graph border to pick a new line and drag it to its desired position.
- Added the possibility to change the properties of different attributes and components in graphs. Right-click on a component and select "Format...".
- Added multiple Cumulative Frequency Distribution as a graph option in Multiple Variables graphs.
- Added a multilevel Undo function for changes made to graphs.
- Option to specify resolution (dpi) when saving graphs as TIF files (default = 96 dpi). Use the Options button in the file selector box to change this value.
- Removed gradient background in graphs.
- New Spreadsheet functions AveDev, CoefVar, GeoMean and VAveDev, VCoefVar, VGeoMean.
- Fixed a bug in the "Print all" option for Youden plots.
- Reprogrammed Standard Error (SE) for Kappa according to Fleiss et al (2003) and added 95% CI for Weighted Kappa. This results in a slightly different SE than in previous versions. The Standard error for both Kappas is appropriate for testing the hypothesis that the underlying value of kappa is equal to a prespecified value other than zero.
- Changed calculation of the Hazard ratio in Kaplan Meier survival analysis. The new Hazard ratio is simply the inverse of the ratio calculated with previous versions of the software.
Version 11.2.1 - February 5, 2010
- Added optional reference lines in all graphs.
- Added MedCalc version number in prints of datasheet and results.
- Added date and time in prints of datasheet.
Version 11.2 - January 23, 2010
- New in Reference Interval estimation:
- an option to test for outliers
- Box-Cox power transformation
- a graph option
- Added an option for a 2.5-97.5 percentile error bar in different graphs.
- Changed the formula for the confidence interval of the hazard ratio in Kaplan-Meier survival analysis (Armitage et al., 2002).
- Fixed a minor bug in the variables list that occurred after editing duplicate column headers.
- Fixed a bug in Multiple Comparison graphs where labels on the X-axis were converted to uppercase.
- Changed the formula for the P-value for the Mann-Whitney test (resulting in a different P-value when the number is ties is high).
- Change in the algorithm for Trimmed mean (the calculated number of cases to trim is now rounded to the closest integer, in previous versions it was truncated).
Version 11.1 - October 7, 2009
- In ROC curve analysis, added the DeLong method (1988) for calculating the Standard Error of the Area Under the Curve (AUC), and of the difference between two AUCs.
- Added an option to calculate the Confidence Interval for the Area Under the Curve (AUC) as AUC ± 1.96 SE (Standard Error).
- Added Time-weighted average and Left-align time option in Serial measurements.
- Added 95% Confidence Interval for Rates and Comparison of two rates.
- Renamed the "Line" (for means or medians) graph type option into "Connecting Line" and added a new graph type option "Horizontal line" in Data comparison graphs, Multiple comparison graphs, Clustered multiple comparison graphs, Multiple variables graphs and Clustered multiple variables graphs.
- Redesigned dialog boxes for statistical and graphical procedures with a Data panel on the left and an Options panel on the right side.
- Data comparison graphs now have editable text on the vertical axis (but no title).
- Variable name is now the default text on the Y-axis in Multiple comparison graphs and Clustered multiple comparison graphs.
- Fixed a problem with the marker style for mean or median in the Data comparison graphs.
- Corrected a bug in the conversion of time data when importing Excel files.
- Corrected a bug in Multiple Variables graphs where extreme values sometimes were not correctly displayed in box-and-whisker plots.
Version 11.0.1 - September 1, 2009
- Fixed a bug in the Statistical spreadsheet functions on variables (VAVERAGE etc.) that could occur in some instances when sample size is 0.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Logistic regression procedure to fail in some circumstances.
Version 11 - August 3, 2009
- Windows 7 compatibility.
- Revised icons and toolbars.
- Faster start-up time.
- Improved high DPI support (high resolutions screens).
- Shortened start-up time and increased responsiveness.
- Merged Format spreadsheet and Format column dialog boxes.
- Added 95% CI for linear regression coefficients.
- Many other minor revisions and improvements.
Version 10.4 - April 24, 2009
- Revised reference interval with inclusion of the "robust method" as described in the CLSI Guidelines C28-A3.
- Added Friedman test.
- Added Intraclass correlation coefficient.
Version 10.1 - February 15, 2009
- Added analysis of covariance (ANCOVA).
- 2-way analysis of variance has been completely revised.
- Repeated measures analysis of variance: added Greenhouse-Geisser and Huynh-Feldt corrections for non-sphericity.
Version 10 - November 17, 2008
- New: auto-update feature, Repeated measures analysis of variance, a new a post-hoc test for the Kruskal-Wallis test.
- Movable and editable legend boxes in all graphs.
- Revised Normal plot and histogram.
- Full screen view mode.
- Improved copy/Paste functionality.
Version 9.6 - July, 1 2008
- Added several new options in the Bland & Altman plot.
- Options to calculate Confidence Intervals for Likelihood ratios and Predictive values in Roc curve analysis.
- Added ROC curve analysis (calculation of the AUC, or c-statistic) as a tool for model evaluation in Logistic regression, see Logistic regression.
- Rearranged the Options dialog box, with several new options, including an option to show/hide the splash screen at program startup.
Version 9.5 - April 12, 2008
- In the Format column dialog box, a default value or formula can be specified for spreadsheet columns. This value or formula is applied to all cells in the column that otherwise would be empty. Default values are displayed in a different color, which can be selected in the Format spreadsheet box.
- Go to cell: go directly to any cell in the spreadsheet.
- Added a formula bar in the spreadsheet window.
- Added a "Paste values" command in the spreadsheet context menu (this is the menu which appears when you right-click in the spreadsheet window).
- Added statistical spreadsheet functions on variables.
Version 9.4 - January 16, 2008
- Calculate interval-specific likelihood ratios from raw data (Statistics menu) or from data summarized in a 2xk table (Tests menu).
- Multiple line graph: Creates a graph that shows consecutive observations of different variables.
- Diagnostic test (2x2 table)
- Option to calculate a Trimmed Mean in Summary Statistics.
- Added an option in the Find and Find & replace procedures: Match entire cell contents. Unselect this option to enable in-cell find & replace.
Version 9.3 - November 5, 2007
- Support new Excel 2007 file formats *.xlsx and *.xlsm.
Version 9.2 - November 8, 2006
- Full compatibility with the upcoming new Windows version "Vista".
- Test for one proportion.
- Comparison of the Areas under two independent ROC curves.
- Data transformations: Rank cases, Percentile ranks, z-scores.
- Click-through commands: below statistical results, click-through commands (presented as browser links) are available.
- Different graph commands in results window for Summary statistics, Correlation, Rank correlation, Regression, T-test, ANOVA, etc.
- Print and Help buttons inside the results windows.
- Spreadsheet formatting: text effects such as bold, italic and underline can now be applied to columns, rows, or ranges of cells.
Version 9 - July 9, 2006
- Redesigned user-interface.
- Improved the quality of graphs.
- New layout for text reports.
- Added several new tools for generating random samples, categorizing continuous variables, and randomization. See Tools menu.
- New in method comparison: Concordance correlation coefficient command (Statistics menu)
- New Create summary statistics table command (Statistics menu)
- New Create correlation table command (Statistics menu)
Version 8.2 - February 21, 2006
- Added Levene's Test for Equality of Variances in ANOVA.
- Increased the number of variables and independent variables from 6 to 24 for multiple regression, logistic regression, Cox proportional-hazards regression, multiple variables graph and clustered variables graph.
- In all graph plots, the (x,y) values corresponding with the mouse position in the graph, are displayed in the status bar.
- Added a graph option to have the tickmarks displayed on the outside of the graph frame. See Format graph.
- Added log transformation option for Plot versus criterion values graph and Interactive dot plot (ROC curve analysis graphs).
Version 8.1 - June 14, 2005
- New in ROC curve analysis: a new graph that allows to plot sensitivity and specificity (optionally with 95% Confidence Interval) versus criterion values.
- 95% Confidence Bounds (Hilgers, 1991) for the ROC curve.
- Added a P-value for the Area under the Curve in ROC curve analysis (null hypothesis: Area under ROC curve = 0.5).
- Added the Independent samples t-test with correction for unequal variances (Welch test).
- Several changes in the graphical subsystem.
- Improved general performance.
Version 8 - March 4, 2005
- Improved international support and better support for Windows' Accessibility Options such as High Contrast.
- Added sample size calculations for ROC curve analysis and comparison of ROC curves.