Create random groups
Allows to assign cases to random groups (randomize cases).
- Column: the column in which you want to place the group number.
- List empty columns only: if this option is selected, only empty columns are listed in the column selection box.
- Clear column: the selected column will be cleared prior to generating and storing the group numbers.
- Header: the header (top cell) for the selected column.
- Data: select a variable that contains a case identification, and a possible selection criterion.
- Number of groups: the required number of groups, e.g. enter 2 to create 2 random groups.
Click OK to proceed. The selected column in the spreadsheet is filled with a random group number.